Did You Know
- The name 'Arendelle' is based on the Norwegian town of Arendal, located in the county of Aust-Agder, to the southwest of the Norwegian capital, Oslo. However, the scenery of Arendelle is based primarily on Nærøyfjord in western Norway, as well as various buildings in Oslo, Bergen, and other Norwegian cities.
- In Norwegian, 'Aren' is possibly derived from 'ørn', which means "eagle", and 'delle' is derived from 'dal', which means "valley".
- The crocus is a symbol of rebirth and spring. In cold regions, the flower blooms while snow is still on the ground.
- The eternal winter Elsa caused may be a representation about how in the northern reaches of Norway winter will last from 8-10 months.
- Reading further into the meaning of this kingdom's name, it's interesting to note that Walt Disney's own great-grandfather was named Arundel Disney.
- In the film Big Hero 6, a ship from Arendelle can be seen sitting in the docks.